Hello friends, welcome to all of you in this article of ours today, through this article, hmm today all of you have information related to E-Passbook Facility Features like, E-Passbook Objectives, Benefits Post Office Small Savings, or Post Office E Passbook and or scheme when E-Passbook Facility Features has started, we will tell you the information related to it through this article, so stay connected till the end of the article.
The Government of India (GoI) introduced the electronic passbook feature for the Post Office Savings Bank in 2022. This new service is now available to customers of the Postal Savings Bank. The post office recently announced that they have decided to establish the e-passbook facility starting from October 12, 2022. This initiative aims to provide enhanced and simplified digital services to account holders of the modest savings plan. Once this service is launched, customers with savings accounts at the Post Office will be able to access their passbooks online through the Post Office Savings Bank website. In this article, we will delve into the details of the E-passbook and explore how to utilize its services.
Account holders in the National now have the convenience of accessing an electronic passbook, thanks to a new government feature. Devusinh Chauhan, from the Union’s Ministry of State for Communication, announced this exciting development. Even if they don’t have access to mobile banking or the internet, customers with accounts in the Post Office Small Savings Scheme can now view their account details. This service offers various features, including the ability to check your balance and view mini-to-full statements of your checking account. Best of all, account holders can enjoy the electronic passbook service for free when they log in using their registered mobile phone numbers.
E-Passbook Facility Key Highlights
|Facility Name||E Passbook|
|Launch By||Government of India|
|Benefits||Check services online|
|Beneficiaries||Savings account holders in Post Office Savings Bank|
E-Passbook Objectives 2023
E-Passbook Objectives: The e-passbook service was introduced to make it easier for clients to view their bank information. Once this service is available, (E-Passbook Objectives) customers with savings accounts at the Post Office can access their passbooks online through the Post Office Savings Bank. This online access is referred to as e-passbook.
E-Passbook Facility Features 2023
The E-Passbook Facility Features the following features:
Account Balance Inquiry: Account holders can check the current balance of their National Savings Scheme accounts using the inquiry function, similar to net banking or smartphone applications.
Small Statement: Second-tier beneficiaries now have access to the mini statement. Mini statements will be available for Sukanya Samriddhi Accounts, Post Office Savings Accounts, and Public Provident Fund Accounts.
E-Passbook Facility Features: This service will gradually expand to include other public programs. The mini statement will display the most recent 10 activities, and users can download the statement in PDF format.
Full Statement: A comprehensive statement will be made available in a phased manner. (E-Passbook Facility Features) Customers will be able to generate bank records for a specific range of dates that they specify.
E-Passbook Facility Benifits 2023
- Convenience: Account holders can access their passbook and check their account balance without visiting the post office, providing the major advantage of the electronic passbook. They can do it from the comfort of their home.
- Accessibility: Users have the freedom to access their savings account passbook at any time, from anywhere, and in any situation.
- Simplified Usage: The electronic passbook only requires a registered mobile phone number, eliminating the need for internet banking credentials or a mobile banking application.
E-Passbook Eligibility and Required Documents
In order to obtain an E-Passbook, there are certain eligibility criteria that need to be met. Additionally, certain documents are required to complete the application process. Let’s take a closer look at these requirements.
1. Age: The applicant must be at least 18 years old to be eligible for an E-Passbook.
2. Citizenship: The applicant must be a citizen of the country where the E-Passbook is being applied for.
3. Bank Account: The applicant must have an active bank account with the respective bank.
1. Identification Proof: A valid government-issued identification document such as a passport, driver’s license, or Aadhaar card is required.
2. Address Proof: A document that verifies the applicant’s residential address, such as a utility bill, bank statement, or rental agreement, is necessary.
3. Passport-sized Photograph: Recent passport-sized photographs of the applicant are to be submitted.
4. Bank Account Details: The applicant needs to provide the bank account details, including the account number and branch information.
It is important to ensure that all the necessary documents are provided accurately and in the required format to avoid any delays or rejections in the application process. By meeting the eligibility criteria and submitting the required documents, individuals can obtain their E-Passbook conveniently.
How to Access E-Passbook Facility to Check PPF and SSY Balance
- Go to the India Post website or the IPPB website and find the link to access your electronic passbook.
- Click on the “Login” option after providing your cell phone number.
- Enter the OTP received on your mobile phone and click the “Submit” button.
- After logging in, a dashboard will be displayed.
- From the drop-down menu, select the “e-Passbook” option.
- Choose the desired scheme and enter your account number and cell phone number. Click “Continue.”
- Enter the One-Time Password sent to your mobile number and click the “Verify” button.
- Select from the available choices:
- Balance inquiry
- Mini statement
- Full statement
- You will be able to view the micro statement, balance, or complete statement. Both the mini and full statements can be downloaded by account users.
Please note: that if the mobile number is not linked to your account, the system will show an error message that is suitable for this situation. To connect your mobile number with your account, please visit the relevant department.
FAQ”S E-Passbook Facility Started
The ePassbook facility provides you the account history of all your accounts in a similar manner of a savings passbook or a current account statement. This application provides an online-real time view of the account transactions.
The government has introduced the e-passbook facility for National (Small) Savings Schemes account holders. Thus, the Post Office Small Savings Scheme account customers can access their account details even without a net or mobile banking access
A passbook, sometimes known as a bankbook, is a paper book used to keep track of bank or building society deposit account transactions. Answer. Safer transactions, easier to focus on saving, and a low entry barrier.
The bank provides you with a passbook when you open a PPF account. This contains details of your PPF account such as PPF account balance, E-Passbook Objectives, PPF account number, bank branch details, credits/debits to your PPF account etc. You can get the PPF passbook updated periodically by visiting your bank branch